Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"To a Child"


Do you know who you are, little child of mine,
So precious and dear to me?
Do you know you are a part of a great design
That is vast as eternity? …
Do you know you’re a child of God?
Do you sometimes review how He took your hand and placed it within my own, saying here is a Child from angel land not a gift but a precious loan.
Do you know where you’re going, child of mine?
Are your eyes on the road ahead?
Do the spires of his castle gleam and shine
Where the sun grows golden red? … You will make it, my child, I know.
(Ora Pate Stewart, “To a Child”.)

I had the blessing of finding this poem on someones else blog and just needed to pass it along.

4 comments:

  1. I am going to cry. Very sweet! I am glad you told me about your blog. I love reading about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you that makes me feel good. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. That poem is also a song. We had it sung at my daughter's funeral. It is so beautiful. Glad to be on your blog Ü

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did not know that. Thanks for sharing. I hope it brought a sweet memory with the hard one.

    ReplyDelete