Monday, May 17, 2010

My Baby Turns 21


Son you are such an amazing guy. You have a smile that will break the bank. You are tender hearted and so smart.
After 8 long months trying very hard to carry you, you arrived a month premature at Whidbey General Hospital. You were born C-section and so I had not even had a chance to hold you when the nurses came in and said you were turning blue when they tried to feed you and felt your lungs were underdeveloped. So they brought you into me in an isolate, let me reach through the hole and touch you, then wisked you off by helicopter to the soccer fields near Children's Hospital in Seattle where they loaded you in an ambulance and took you to C.H.. Dad and Gramma K., met you there and spent the night with you. As they would not let me out of the hospital. You were this large 8 and half pound guy in the preemie ward with all the tiny tiny babies. Well the next day the doctor was willing to let me out early if I promised to keep a pillow on my lap in the car and to go straight home. You bet I said. As dad picked me up and off the Children's we went. Like he didn't know. You stayed a couple days. Improved and came on home to start life with us and your big sister. Coley was so happy to get you home. She was such a proud big sister. I was glad when she had to go to school so I could get a turn holding you.

Son you have had many trials in your life and have put your shoulder to the wheel and pressed on. I am proud of the accomplishments you have made.

Riding has been your life. Through many bikes, helmets, and gear not to mention the breaks. Yes the bikes but mainly you! 18 bones last count???
Kletey I could write books about that.

Son most of all know I love you and I am proud to be your mom. I am so thankful that we have a great relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment